Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brad is at Scout Camp this week. He left on Saturday afternoon and will be back on Saturday. It has only been 3 days and I have decided that I don't want to be a single parent ever. Church on Sunday was pointless at least when Brad is here I get about 30% of what is going on during Sacrament meeting all I got was that the kids who went to the Hill Camorah Pageant were going to tell about the experience that they had. It went downhill from there chasing a 13 month around the Primary room while trying to do your calling is next to impossible. Bryn needs her nails cut, this is something Brad does. I started the clipping on Sunday I got 3 fingers cut, Monday I got another 3 done, today maybe I will get lucky and be able to do the last 4. How does he get her to hold still that long? The girls miss him tons. This morning Bryn brought me the phone and said "DAD" so we called so he could say hi. Right now they are up in their room playing "scout camp" Kenna has blankets hanging everywhere and Bryn is just running around the room taking Kenna's instructions. I am not allowed in cause mom's can't go to scout camp.

7 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

I SO FEEL FOR YOU!!! It's so hard doing it without dad. I would take them for you, but it's kinda of a drive, but if you want to bring them up, there's a room you can stay the night and a pool up here :) Although Brad probably took the van too huh? Hang in there!

Grama Sherri said...

Sorry it is being so hard for you. I am always glad when I was going through times without Kevin that they no longer send married men on missions. :) Can you imagine 2-3 yrs without them. Hang in there. Love you. Thank you for supporting him in this calling.

The Sommer Family said...

Hey! How are you? I am so glad to now be a part of this blogging thing so I can now keep in touch with people. You look great, your family picture is so cute. The girls are so cute and getting big. Tell them hi. Hope all is well. Hang in there....someday this schooling will be worth it! :)

Rivka said...

Wow, that sums up the whole last year of my life! I'm SOOOOO glad intern year is over. Wish we were closer. Jack would have loved scout camp!

jenn said...

the girls scout camp sounds like fun! (: did you survive the rest of the week? you probably know i ran into jess (your sis) in the store last night... i was so glad she said hello! (: i am moving to Tooele, UT. and i will be doing speech therapy for the school district there. i am really excited! the district also has an outreach program and i can get my masters at USU.. i am pretty excited about it. i did just find out that i was accepted into the masters program for ISU in boise, but i think that moving to utah is the best option for me... it feels the most right. we so need to catch up. miss you!

Darla and Kirk Nuttall said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your kids are way cute. I miss cloverdale. Don't you? Where do you live? I still live in IF. I miss my hubby when he is gone for a few days too. Husbands are good to have around.

Elizabeth Checchio said...

I agree! I never want to be a single mother! I have no idea how they do it. Especially when they are young. It makes you appreciate so much all thier help (even when we think they do hardly anything) just thier presence is the amount of support you need.
The nail thing is funny. I do that because James can't understand how to get Miles to hold still... I guess everyone has thier things :)