Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Happenings

Brad is done with his 1 semester of 2nd year. No sooner had he finished his last final than he was struck with the dreaded gumboo. He has been coughing sneezing and sounding horrible since. Better be sick now instead of during Christmas. He was a dream and all though he was sick he still got up and went with Kenna and I on Saturday to the church to help put together some Christmas baskets for some of the ward members. After putting some together we went and delivered about 8 of them. Kenna had a good time putting fruit, baked goods, some toys, hats and mittens etc. into the baskets. Her favorite was picking out a Christmas decoration to go into the baskets, she liked the snow globes so that is what she put in every ones. Today we had our ward Christmas program, still sick, Brad got up and sat in the meeting with the girls while I sang with the choir. At one point during the program the young men and women had to come up to sing, Brad being in the YM's left Bryn with a lady sitting behind us and told Kenna not to move. (She listens so well to him, if I had told her not to move she would have moved). In the middle of the song we hear Kenna start screaming "THAT IS MINE DON'T TAKE IT! GIVE IT BACK! IT'S MINE IT'S MINE IT'S MINE (IT'S MINE repeated until Brad is done with song and returns to seat).Even with the threat of a toy taken away she still didn't move! A random boy had wondered over to the bench and tried to take her Snap and Style doll away. When Brad told the kid to back to his mom he just wondered to the next bench and tried the same trick. Unfortunately for him it was a family with 4 kids and you mess with one you mess with all. Defeated he wondered out of the chapel. We still don't know who he is or were he came from? I am now finishing up laundry and picking up the house so we can pack and head to Idaho for Christmas. Kenna is very excited to see her Grandpa and My Grandpa Norby who she refers to as her GREATEST Grandpa instead of Great Grandpa. Off to the wonderful world of laundry. Just for posing the question Do you like laundry? How about mating socks? Post answer in comment section.

6 comments:

Rivka said...

I hate laundry. And bathrooms. When I'm rich someday (ha ha) I'm going to hire someone to do my laundry and clean my bathrooms. All the rest of the cleaning I can handle. Did I mention I hate laundry!

Kellie said...

Ugh. Socks are the worst.

Grama Sherri said...

Laundry and taxes -- two sure things of life.  You should step back in time to when laundry included buckets full of stinky cloth diapers.  Our pipes would freeze in the winter, causing eruptions of "dirty water" to spray back out into the laundry room. Yes, laundry, a nasty, yet essential job.  Annoying to do, lovely to have done. 

Genevieve said...

That is what I did for like 3 days before we headed out of town. First all of the laundry at work and then all of ours! I was so sick of it and socks are the worst. But then I realized, once I'm done, we're out of here!! Hope you have a great holiday break! Oh and ps- Jeremy has started getting sick too... dang finals! Hope Brad gets feeling better

jenn said...

i love laundry, and i dont mind too much when i have to match socks...but i really hate when they dont have a match.. needless to say i don't have many socks...flip flops year round is the way to go! (: no but really, i love doing laundry...i love the smell and warm feel of it when it comes out of the dryer...and i love just having everything clean. this probably does not suprize you. (: p.s. i love the story about kenna not moving....(:

Tiffany said...

I don't mind laundry because I can be doing something else while it's going (granted I usually forget about it and it takes longer than it should). However, mating socks is the worst! I usually make Nathan do it by saying I folded the rest of the laundry. If only everything were like folding towels. If Nathan and I had the same size of feet (well, that would make me a freak, but we're speaking hypothetically) then I would buy all the same socks and I wouldn't have to find the matches.