Friday, December 14, 2007

Sing Sweet Nightingale

Yesterday afternoon I heard Kenna singing upstairs in her room. She was singing the song that Cinderella sings as she cleans the floors. Since Kenna was to be napping I thought I would wait for her to finish her beautiful rendition and then calmly remind her to GO TO SLEEP. As I began to walk up the stairs I head water sloshing around. Visions of a flood upstairs came to my mind and I began to walk with more purpose. When I walked into her room I tried really hard not to laugh. She had put her apron on top of her head and another around her waist. She had taken the lid off the humidifier, put the humidifier on the ground, got a pair of underwear to use as a rag, and was getting her "rag" wet and then cleaning the floors with the water. When she say me she said, "Mom, I am being Cinderella." After I had the mess cleaned up and Kenna had been told sternly not to play with humidifiers and the water within, I went to my room and laughed. I never thought to take a picture of her!

3 comments:

jenn said...

adee i love it! oh i had to try and not laugh out loud right in the computer lab at the library full of students... i love it! kids do the funniest things. too bad there is no picture... i will imagine it! (: love you!

Kellie said...

Too funny!!!

Rivka said...

Isn't being a mom the best!