Thursday, December 13, 2007

Putting Up the Tree

I wasn't going to put our tree up this year because we are going out of town for the holidays and I thought it would be pointless to put it up and not enjoy it. Kenna however asked about it so we put it up. She had so much fun helping me with the lights and putting the decorations on the tree. I let her choose this year, she chose to only put out family ornaments and red and silver balls up. Each year we get a family ornament and then an ornament for the kids so when they are grown they will have 20 + ornaments to take when they go out on their own. Kenna has had so much fun that she has taken the ornaments off and placed them back on numerous times. Our tree looks different today than it did yesterday or this morning even. Yesterday I came downstairs and she was on a chair hanging all of her bracelets and necklaces on the tree. I think they make good ornaments.
Even Bryn found the tree intriguing and did her caterpillar crawl over to the tree. The crawl goes like this: lay flat on ground, pull self up on all fours, push legs and slide arms down so that you are laying flat again. I am sure that shortly she will be doing the real thing. We have enjoyed having the tree up and I am glad Kenna talked me into it.
Oh yeah, Bryn can sit up know by herself and she has one tooth. She is so cute. Kenna looks drugged in her picture because she is, she had a bad cough so I gave her some cough medicine she fell asleep moments after this picture was taken.

0 comments: