Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Project

Kenna is in love with art projects. If it is a product that can be cut, colored, painted, glued, or stuck on to something she loves it. She asks every day if she can do a project. My house would be tons cleaner if cutting gluing etc wasn't such a joy and paper wasn't everywhere. Oh well at least she isn't watching t.v. all day. So here is something that we did yesterday. This is good and cheep for all of you who are on student loan and/or repaying insane amounts of student loan debt budgets. We went for a walk and gather leaves tons and tons, every color that we could find. This was fun for me because it burned up some of that energy that she has which meant that when we got home she would take a nice nap! After her nice nap we took a paper plate and cut the center out of it. I was impressed with her cutting skills. Last time I let her cut anything she got her clothes. This is something that she remembered as well she said to me when she was done cutting; (read the following with all joy and excitement that a 2 yr old posses) "Mom I didn't cut my dress this time! I am so good!" I agreed Then we took the leaves and glued them to the paper plate to make a wreath. I let her run the hot glue gun with much assistance. I drove the point home that it was hot and would give her a big fat owie if she didn't listen while using it. Here is the finished product. She had a blast and it is being proudly displayed on our front door.

Bryn played with her toys while Kenna and I did the cutting and gluing. However, this is not where she was originally put. I put her on the other side of the boppy on the blanket. I had the Boppy on the floor just to keep her from rolling all over the place apparently it didn't work.

5 comments:

Rivka said...

Art projects are also a daily necessity at our house these days. Too bad these two couldn't get together and creatively tear up a storm! How about next summer...I think that sounds good.

JC and Jena said...

I LOVE IT!! That turned out WAY cute! Go McKenna! You could make yourself a little business out of making and selling those *wink wink*.

Blake and Breanna said...

I love them. I think that Paige and I will have to see if we can make one so cute.

Tiffany said...

Too cute! I love the picture of her displaying her wreath with pride. She is too funny. You have cute kids 80.

Kellie said...

That looks like alot of fun! Garrett also loves to color/cut/glue anything. It's fun when he leaves the supplies out for his little brother to find. Can we say...fingerpaint footprints on the rug?