Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween fun!

We had a ton of fun this Halloween. Kenna had a Halloween Party with her friends they played pin the tail on the cat, a ring toss with a witched hat, bowled for mummies, and a cake walk. They also made a candy corn craft. All the kids came dressed in their costumes and they all had fun.

We had a church Halloween party that was tons of fun as well. Kenna and her friend Kyle entered the cupcake eating contest, however they slowly and delicately ate the cupcakes (we should have told them not to worry about making a mess). They did a costume parade and a cupcake eating contest for adults which Brad won!
Kenna is into crafts so we did a few. Thank you Jess for the Family Fun web site idea. She made a pumpkin out of a terracotta pot, a haunted house out of foam and carved a few pumpkins.
We took the girls trick or treating. Bryn only to the neighbors so they could see her cute costume I had told them all about.(thanks again Kim .) Then I took Kenna around the rest of the neighborhood. She understood the concept this year. She kept saying I want to get all the houses mom. She walk the whole way and we hit about 40 houses. I kept asking if she was done, every time I asked she would say no I have to get all of the houses. She ran from house to house for a while she wanted to make sure she got some candy before all the other kids took it all. Finally I was tired of walking so I brought her home. The bag her Aunt Carolyn got her was completely full.

2 comments:

Blake and Breanna said...

They look so sweet in their halloween costumes. It sounds like Kenna had a blast.

Jessica and Tom said...

I wish Whitney would understand the concept of Halloween as well as Kenna. I kept trying to get her to go to more houses but she didn't understand that night was the only night. How am I supposed to steal her candy if she doesn't go get very much?!!