Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bacon Potato Chowder

This is good stuff! It makes tons so if you have a small family you may want to half the recipe. This is what we eat every Halloween for dinner. It is a great fall dinner. 1 lb Bacon cut into half inch strips 1 yellow onion chopped 6-8 potatoes peeled and chuncked 2 cans cream of chicken soup 2 cups sour cream 3 cups water 2 cups cheddar cheese In a pot cook bacon to desired crispness, add onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove bacon and onion and set to the side. In same pot add 3 cups of water to remaining bacon grease add chuncked potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender. In medium bowl add 2 cups of sour cream and cream of chicken soups mix together. Add soup mixture to potatoes and water, also add bacon and onions. Heat on low but don't boil. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top. We also eat this with warm rolls. ENJOY!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

okay, now I want you to take a picture of it and send it to me. I will turn it into a recipe page for our recipe book.

Rivka said...

Yum! I'm definitely trying that one! Maybe tomorrow...I think I have all the ingredients. Thanks for the idea.

Riv

Jenny Whiting said...

Thanks for the recipe last year! We have also turned this into our Halloween meal...plus lots of other time. It's delicious!

Rivka said...

I love this bacon chowder...actually just saying, "I love bacon" would suffice, but I love you more and I need pictures and stories! Let's get-r-done!