Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday and Smiles

I love Sundays, it is so quiet and peaceful complete with afternoon naps, coloring with Kenna, and having a yummy dinner. Today was just that. Kenna and Brad took a nice long nap, from 2-5 to be exact). I made an amazing ham and funeral potato's. We originally were having people over but that fell through courtesy of a flu bug and I have a nice 4lb ham and tons of potato's left over. I can already taste the ham sandwiches on roles for lunch tomorrow. We usually miss family the most on Sundays because that is who we use to spend our time with on Sundays. We missed them more so today as my dad was set apart as the Stake President for the Iona Stake today. We did however think if them often through out the day. A phone call home also helped with the homesick feeling.
The long nap also allowed me to snuggle my baby who just wanted me to hold her today so the long nap from the Kenna Mags was greatly appreciated. Even though all Bryn wanted was to be held I was able to get her to lay down and smile at me for a few photos.
I think she is absolutely adorable. Now that we are all stuffed full and rested it is time for the wonderful Sunday tradition of ICE CREAM and a movie!!!! We are having vanilla ice cream with Strawberries, Bananas and chocolate syrup!!! Tomorrow we will be back to the real world and our busy schedules!

1 comments:

Rivka said...

Hmmmm...we must both have great taste. I bought the same exact dress that Bryn is wearing in the pics for my little, yet to be named girl. She's beautiful, by the way! Aren't Sundays great.