Friday, March 28, 2008

A visit from Grandma

My mom was able to come out for a few weeks this month and we had fun. She gave me a sewing lesson, I made two blankets for the girls (as seen in the Easter photos), a sun dress for Kenna, a Blanket for my friend Stephanie, and a hooded towel for Kenna. Kenna of course slept smack dab next to her every night and brought every book we had to her for it to be read. We went out Lancaster hit the outlet mall, snickered at the Amish (just kidding we just stared like idiots who had never seen a horse and buggy or a beards that long). These are some other things that we did:
This book is her favorite. We had checked it out from the Library it was read so many time I think my mom has it memorized. It comes highly recommended.
Grandma took her to her favorite place Build a Bear Workshop. Here they built two Elephants (one for her one for Whitney) and a dinosaur for Ryan. After this we all went to lunch and then to the movie Horton Hears a Who. This was my favorite book when I was little my dad still has the first page and a half memorized. She is still talking about this days later.
Longwood Gardens was another stop for us. It was fun they had the Orchid festival going on, so Orchids everywhere. We took at least 100 pictures just of flowers. Kenna went on a scavenger hunt she got a stamp at various stations through out the indoor gardens. Another highlight was that the indoor children's garden was open. It is such a neat place. She walked all over and made herself exhausted. As we were leaving she said "this has been a beautiful day". She was right it was.
We had a good time and the 2 weeks really flew by. We are excited to be able to do to their house in a few days (thank you Dad).

1 comments:

JC and Jena said...

I think this is why parents love becoming grandparents. When we were kids, Grandma could never do ANYTHING wrong and she was our world.I'm glad you guys were able to have Grandma to yourselves for a while.