Saturday, August 22, 2009

Potty Training Bryn

Day one went really well. She was dry all day. We decided pull-ups were not working and went strait to underwear. She went to church and came home in the same outfit she was sent in. Day Two made us question if we should even bother with a day Three. She not once went potty in the toilet. Day Three we felt like we were committed and went ahead with a day three. She did much better this day. I would like to say that it was my parenting skills but in all reality I think it was the Dora Underwear Grandma Norby had bought for her. So far it has now been a week and she is doing well. Pull ups only at nap time and bedtime. She only has one accident a day on average and we are working that out, it is too time consuming to come in from the backyard to go potty.

2 comments:

Kate Larsen said...

Um, I really can't believe you have the energy and stamina to train Bryn with a teeny tiny newborn. You never cease to amaze me. I am committed to not potty training Luke. ever. One day I suppose he'll come to me and say. "Hey mom, I was wondering if I could wear underwear like my brothers." And I'll say, "sure, Luke, and please keep them dry in school." and then we'll be done. Potty training was the worst thing I've ever had to do. ANYWAY, congratulations! :)

tiff.mendoza said...

Hang in there, one less baby in diapers is sooooo worth it.