Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poor Lauren

and poor us too. I took Lauren to the Dr. yesterday, we had a weight check scheduled but she has been coughing and having a hard time catching her breath after a coughing fit so they we going to follow up with us as the coughing fits had landed us in the ER over the weekend. We called her pediatrician and told him what was going on. He said that with her heart he didn't want to wait until Monday to have her evaluated and instructed us to take her to CHOP.While in the ER they did another chest x-ray showing in fact that her heart does still have the VSD and it is not getting smaller on its own, the echo showed the same. Lungs were clear however. So at the Dr Lauren showed him her stuff and had a very good coughing fit for the Dr. After looking her over he looked at me and asked "has she had a fever?" Nope I said he then said "she has an ear infection in her left ear". My kids and their EARS!!! Normally they don't get an infection until 6 months but hey she has thrown us lots of curve balls so far so why not have an infection at 17 days old. After another really good looking over to make sure nothing else was going on he put her on Antibiotics. She takes it really well. Hopefully we won't need to sleep upright with her after tonight.

4 comments:

Bon said...

Poor thing! I am so sorry! Hope she recovers quickly!

Kellie said...

Poor baby!

Steph said...

Wow. You guys are amazing. I'm sure that was a traumatic. I wish I could be there to take your girls. Love you.

Chy said...

I hope she gets better so little to have problems =0( Although she is stinking cute!