Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics

I love the Olympics. The competition, the stories behind the athletes, and just watching people beat the odds and accomplish goals. We have been following Michael Phelps and his goal for 10 gold medals. I have no doubt that he can do this. I have been awe struck with his speed, form, and sportsmanship. Kenna has also enjoyed watching with me, she finds him "very handsome". Another favorite has been the gymnastics of course and Kenna now wants to be in gymnastics to compete, we just told her it would take a lot of work and it would be expensive but if she wanted we would help her do it. She is doing somersaults all over the house and trying to leave Brad alone so as she says "he can be a dentist and pay for it". Bryn enjoys watching the Beach Volleyball and will stand there for several minutes watching. While she watches she squats and then stands I have no idea as to why she does this but it is cute. If I could figure out how to post a video I will. Anyone know?

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I haven't ever really got into the olympics. I went to a Hockey game when they were in Utah, but that's it! Good for Kenna for having a goal! I just signed up today to teach a mommy and me class at the gym- we'll see how that goes!

I probably should have freaked out about the whole squirrel paws in the kids' mouth thing, but Roudy has been going to Redfish and feeding the squirrels since he was a baby and no diseases yet! :)

Chy said...

Your girls are so dang cute, I love that your hubby is very out numbered and that Kenna knows where to get the cizash!

Kellie said...

OMGosh! Out of the mouths of babes! Go for it, Kenna!

Mindy said...

So, you inspired me and I stayed up way too late and watched the Olympics last night. The womens gymnastics was way fun to watch, even if the little Chinese girls were given WAY too many points!

Rivka said...

I love the Olympics. We've been watching them faithfully. Also, I love Michael Phelps despite his big ears and, no, I do NOT think he's a terrorist. (Some people should not be allowed to write)

Call me and I'll tell you how to upload videos.

Brittany said...

Way to go Micheal Phelps, right! Way to support the awesome athletes of our country.

Jessica said...

That is cute. I loved gymnastics. Hey I posted the pictures on my blog now. so you can go save them or something.

Jessica Hart