Friday, June 6, 2008

Yo Ho a pirates life for me

I took the girls to the Franklin Institute today to see the Real Pirates exhibit. Very much worth the trip. It is all about the Whydah that crashed off the shore of Cape Cod Mass. in 1717. they had cannons, some of the treasure, swords, and many other pirate like things. I learned a ton. We love museums.It was very fun even though crowded with school kids (hello Friday what was I thinking). Because everything is old and recovered after decades from sea water they do not allow flash photography in side. But if you check out the above link you can see a few of the things that we saw. After we had gone through the exhibit we walked across the street to Logan square to eat lunch and then walked the few blocks back to the train station and headed home. Here are a few of the photos that we were able to take.
This is Kenna on the steps of the Franklin Institute. They had the front of the steps painted and so when you looked at it from the street it looked like an old map. She wanted to sit in the ship. Isn't she cute!
Here are the girls in front of the fountain at Logan Square. Kenna said to me as we were walking back to the train station, "Mom, I love our city". I would have to agree. Although it does have parts I could live with out, we really enjoy the area and the great venues that are offered to us. Our next stop is The Natural Science center.

5 comments:

Blake and Breanna said...

Looks like a blast. And yes she is cute. I love how the stairs look like a map.

jenn said...

adee... i love reading your blog.. but it makes me miss you so much! your family is so way cute! well, know that i love you! i have so got to be better at keeping in touch!

Steph said...

Looks cool. I'm sure Thomas would have loved it. I will miss going to the Franklin Institute!

Bon said...

Cool!:)

Kellie said...

That looks like so much fun!