Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So Frustrating!

It is 3:15 am for the past 2hours I have listened to my 8 month old scream her head off with no sign of stopping. This is normal she screams every night from 1 until about 3:30 or at least has since January 3rd when we decided to try to get her to sleep through the night. Here is how her night goes, bedtime between 7:30 and 8, wake up 1.5 hours later eat, wake up at 11 pm cry for an hour then fall back to sleep, wake up again at 1 and cry until 3:30, sleep until 7. It makes no difference if I put her to bed later. We have had a few random sleep through the nighters but by few I mean only two. If I allow her to nurse when she wakes she wakes more frequently. I have tried all those wonderful books about baby sleeping through the night crap, not working!!! I am usually the only one who wakes during this wonderful time of the night. A pillow over my head muffles the sound a little, but it is just a little difficult to sleep through your child crying. Kenna usually sleeps straight through the noise, even being in the same room however, tonight she has added insult to injury, woken up came to my bed and peed in it!! Well I now have sheets to wash and a memory foam mattress to take care of. I hope you all have slept well.

6 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

I have SO had those nights!! I am SO SORRY!!! I wish I had something to help, however...I don't...except maybe put her in the basement and least then you don't have to hear it :) I did that with Taylor and it was still awful, but not as loud. Good Luck!!

JC and Jena said...

Dang girl! Do you happen to have a little benedryl hidden anywhere?

Terra said...

Ewwww. We have been there too. I don't have any ideas either. Spencer took forever to sleep through the night. Want me to babysit so that you can sleep? Call me anytime!

Rivka said...

I'm right there with ya babe... missing the days of a full nights sleep. I'm usually up about the same times so feel free to call if you need someone to vent to!

Grama Sherri said...

There is hope, as all of my children were sleeping the night by the time they were 12. Blaine would still sleep on the floor on my side of the bed. I wish I could help. Tie a knot and hang on. Love you!!

Jenny Whiting said...

wow adrienne, you are so strong to not give in to all that crying. i can't handle it. but she will catch on, she has to, right? let me know if I can help you with anything!!