Thursday, August 26, 2010

Didn't I Just Take This Photo Yesterday?

This is a picture of Kenna in Yellowstone about a month before we moved to Philadelphia so she is 20 months old here. (see how "bear actually looks like a bear, you should see him now but that is another post). Kenna started First Grade this week. Are you thinking to yourself 1st grade, um shouldn't she be in kindergarten? Well yes she is only 5, but I did an online cyber charter school last year in Pa for Kindergarten. Therefore she was able to be registered for 1st grade here in TX even though she isn't six yet. Now mind you I have been stressing out a bit by this. I wasn't sure she was ready for 1st grade and I was giving myself ulcers over it All the thought of is she going to struggle, she will be so much younger than everyone (you have to be 6 by Sept 1st to enroll in 1st grade normally), what if she doesn't do well and they move her back is she going to be made fun of. Basically if I could think of it I stressed over it. However, after talking to the Assistant Principal and the Lead 1st grad teacher we all decided to enroll her in 1st grade and see how she does. Well she is doing GREAT! She is having no problem with the curriculum in fact she is ahead a little from the others and has stated a few times that she is bored. She likes going to school and having homework. I am relieved and enjoy hearing about her days, Bryn is bored without Kenna at home and I have had to find was to entertain her that doesn't involve pestering Lauren.Here is a picture of her on her first day. I think no matter how big she gets I will still think of her in terms of the above photo

.

6 comments:

Jenny Whiting said...

And that first picture is how I remember Kenna too, when we first met her. Not much hair then, and now she has such beautiful hair! I'm glad she's doing so well with first grade; Kyle is also in 1st grade and loving it...even having to switch schools from last year. And yeah, Marie and Nathan end up pestering each other a lot too! Hope to hear more soon about your life there in Texas! How is Brad doing?

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I love her boots :) She is growing up so fast. I hope your family is doing great in Texas.

Jess Hart

Steph said...

My word Kenna is darling!!!! I can't believe how mature she looks. I'm glad all is going well with school. She has always been advanced. No problem!

yamsey said...

When did she get so big??? Oh my goodness and look at those boots! I bet she has all the boys in her class following her around like little puppies. So darling!

stephanie624 said...

I remember when Kenna looked like that. That was when we first met you guys. Boy has she grown up. I could have told you last year that she would do fine in 1st grade, even then. She has always been super smart. Now she looks so old and by the looks of it, she seems to fit in well in Texas=)