Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rock climbing like Uncle Tom

While at the Family Fun Center Kenna begged and begged and finally won a chance to go up the rock wall. Since last summer all she talks about wanting to do is to go climb a rock and slide down with Uncle Tom again. Now may I add here that while buying the $4 ticket I was sure this was going to be a waste of money. No way I thought is she going to be able to do this. Her rock climbing had only been done up to this point strapped to Uncle Toms back as neither Brad nor I are confident in our skills to strap her to us. We were absolute surprised when off she went up this wall. She made it quit a ways up and impressed us. She got a little over half way up and the only reason she stopped at that point was because the notches were now to far apart and her arms just a hair short. She wanted me to put these pictures on so Uncle Tom could see. So Uncle Tom here is Kenna going up the wall.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome Kenna! You'll make it all the way up with just a little bit more practice. We will definitly go the next time you're out visiting.
Uncle Tom

Rivka said...

Kenna- I love rock climbing! You're an awesome little girl!

Adee- I haven't talked to you in forever...please call me. 319-930-2218. Loves.

Kate Larsen said...

Adee- I desperately want a phone call too. 208-681-0836. We miss you.

Jessica and Tom said...

Kenna you totally rock!! You made it so far. I am super impressed because that wall starts to jut out and that is really hard to hang on and keep going. You did an excellent job. I can't wait for you to come visit again so we can go!!

Love Jess

Carolyn said...

Kenna,
You did so awesome! we need to go rock climbing when you come and visit!
Love
Mikey